Repair ShopAt the TAC Shop we also offer a professional repair service for your beloved guitars.
The list below is the different types of services we can offer for you and your guitar. Some of these services can take longer than others and at different prices, depending on your situation. Please bare in mind all prices below are estimates. Please head to the bottom of the page for our contact form, where our Repair guys will get back to you!
1. OUR STANDARD SETUP
STANDARD SET UP £40 + Cost of Strings
The standard setup/service has been designed to improve the Playability/ Action of your Guitar with its existing fret condition, Neck relief, Nut Height, Saddle Height, String gauge, String Camber, Intonation, Fret Ends these are just some of the elements that go into creating the action personalised to your individual playing style. We do recommend a complete Fret Dress as the optimum setup for your guitar.
2. COMPLETE FRET DRESS
COMPLETE FRET DRESS £50 + Cost of Strings (Set up +£25)
A Fret dress can be required for a number of reasons string indentation and pitting, unequal fret wear. A fret dress can be required for a number of reasons. If the current frets are worn and pitted, if you are having trouble achieving your required action with the frets and neck relief as is, or if you simply want to maximise the playability and set-up of a new guitar.
3. COMPLETE RE-FRET
- Re-fret Rosewood ebony unbound fingerboard From £150
- Re-fret bound fingerboard From £165
- Re-fret maple fingerboard From £175
When excessive fret wear, low fret height or other playing issues cannot be resolved with a fret dress alone a re-fret is necessary. Typical candidate instruments are those with excessively worn or uneven frets leading to buzzing, necks that have twisted or bowed unevenly overtime or those that have simply become over straight and are therefore impossible to set-up. A change of fret width and height may also be required.
4. NUT REPLACEMENT
- NEW NUT FROM (MOULDED) ELECTRIC/ACOUSTIC /BASS (set up not included)
- £25 + cost of NUT.
5. NUT REPLACEMENT BRASS
- NEW NUT (set up not included) FROM £35 + cost of NUT.
6. STRING REPLACEMENT
- 6 string £5 + cost of strings
- 12 string £7-50 + cost of strings
7. COMPLETE SERVICE !! 40 point check !!
- COMPLETE SERVICE £40 + PARTS
- GuitarJack Socket replaced with with equivalent high end Switch craft socket.
- cost of string
WITHIN THE SERVICE IF FRETS ARE WORN AND NEED WORK WE WILL ADVISE ON THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION THE CUSTOMER WILL ALWAYS BE NOTIFIED BEFORE ANY ADDITIONAL WORK IS CARRIED OUT AND CONFIRMED VIA E-MAIL OR IN WRITING.
8. HEADSTOCK BREAK
- Glue and spray only – £50.00
- Glue, splint and spray – £150.00
9. SADDLE REPLACEMENT ACOUSTIC
- FROM £50 + PARTS
10. REPLACEMENT PICKUP (SAME SIZE NO ROUTING)
- FROM £40 + PARTS